Sunday 25 August 2013

The AMAZON and CREATE SPACE RIP OFF!

As most people already know Amazon is a huge multinational corporation with warehouses all over the world. They are also the owners of many other websites and companies, websites like Lovefilm, IMBD and Alexa internet, they sell tablets, ebooks, and movie downloads. They have a self publishing company called Create space, Create space allows writers and movie makers a chance to sell their books or movies online, so after visiting the website I decided to release four of my documentaries on DVD. At first I was surprised by how easy they had made the process of releasing DVDs and I had had no complaints at all, I was a satisfied customer.

After a month my DVDs were sold on Amazon.com and create space, sales were not as good as I thought they could be, I put it down to a lack of advertising and promoting of my product, I sell a few a month. First problem was Amazon take a big percentage of your sale, if I sell a product on create space e-store for $12.99+ post and package I get $6.09 Amazon take the rest, if I sell a product on Amazon.com for $12.99 plus post and package I receive a measly $2.09, Amazon take the rest! I shop around and try to find a better way of self publishing, but after days wasted trying I give up and decide to release another 3 DVDs  using Create space, BIG MISTAKE! Two of these were political DVDs with two movies on each disk and the other was my latest work, a documentary called, there were giants on the earth in those days, this disk contained just one 99 minute movie.

One of my videos criticized Amazon for not paying any tax in the UK, Amazon evidently did not like it! They send me a message alerting me to the fact that they can not release a DVD that contains more than one movie, this annoyed me but I accepted their decision, and concentrated on releasing "there were giants on the earth in those days" after a few weeks it was out on DVD! sales again were slow, after a few days I check Amazon.com to see how my DVD is doing and to check reviews, to my shock my DVD had 1 star, I read the review, the reviewer writes how he received a DVD on politics that contains multiple movies! I have to cancel and un-release my DVD and start the whole process again. Contact my on Facebook if you purchased one of these DVDs.

Create space (an Amazon company) insist this was not a personal attack and criticism of Amazon on my DVD was not the reason for this but they offer no explanation to how this happened, after doing a bit of research on Amazon I discover that many people are accusing create space of not counting sales correctly, they have many complaints. Amazon are also known lobbyists, tax evaders and users of workfare (a disgusting scheme that forces young people to work for benefits costing corporations like Amazon as little as £50 per week) and they pay minimum wage, my advice is DO NOT BUY FROM AMAZON, strange advice from someone that sells on Amazon but I am looking for alternative ways to sell my DVDs and downloads. BOYCOTT AMAZON AND LOVEFILM (Netflix is better anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment