Monday 23 September 2013

MORTGAGE COMPANIES AND BANKS STEAL FROM THE VULNERABLE. PART 1

Back in 2001 my parents were running a successful building business, with 90 employers they were making a nice living from it. That was until illness brought on by the stress of running the business convinced my parents to down size and slowly give it up. My dad had a suspected brain hemorrhage and currently has arthritis, he can hardly walk, and my mum had a stroke leaving her slightly brain damaged with about 80% of her vision gone, she is classified as blind, though she does have limited vision that is expected to slowly worsen. 

Our customers were huge corporations like Taylor Woodrow now called Taylor Wimpy and Persimmon homes, in their traditional VULTURE style these companies seen the illnesses of my parents as an opportunity to with hold and avoid payments, owing my parents tens of thousands to this day. As the money started to run out they were advised by a company called mortgage and loans to put all the debt from their old house on to there new house, which they did, they then sold their old house, after selling the house a solicitor called GoldSmith Williams were supposed to put £80000 from the sale of the house in to my parents Lloyds TSB account, which they claim they did but Lloyds TSB claim they did not receive a payment from Goldsmith Williams, the £80000 has not been traced to this day and the financial ombudsman service has been a utter waste of time and as usual no help what so ever .

It was a huge blow financially for my parents but with illnesses and the case being so complex they did not fight for the money, my dad attempted to start working again, which he did for about 2 years, until his arthritis made working impossible, they started a new mortgage with a company called mortgages plc. Mortgages plc acting like thieves, exploited and taken advantage of my parents situation, my parents were paying a mortgage of £2500 per month but £2000 of it was covering the ridiculously high interest rates that Mortgages plc were charging, this huge mortgage put my parents in trouble and eventually they were in arrears.

In August 2013 my parents were evicted from a house they have worked their whole lives for, the judge did not even acknowledge that the interest were unfair and high, the judge simply evicted them and effectively made them homeless.

My parents are proud and did not fully explain the situation to me until April, so I decide to try and help them, and to say it is frustrating is a understatement, its a piss take, I have contacted the office of fair trading they pass me on to the national debt line, the national debt line inform me "that's the way banks operate in Britain" so far after a few weeks I have got nowhere but I am going to carry on this and keep record of whats happens on this blog, so watch out for part 2.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment