Sunday 19 October 2014

ANOTHER PREPAYMENT METER RANT.

Five years ago I lived in a private rented bungalow in Wolverhampton. This Bungalow had an electric meter, this meter would cut off whenever the money on it went to 0.00 but it would allow "emergency credit" of £5.00. You would think that would mean that you can not get in to then £5.00 debt with them, well that's what I thought anyway, I was WRONG.

NPOWER are insisting that I owe them £250 in unpaid electric at that address! Not only are they insisting I owe them £250 they have to the trouble of passing the debt on to a bailiff company, this bailiff company harass constantly with letters and threats. I explain to NPOWER that the place they are billing me for had a prepayment meter with money on in when I left but still the letters and threats of repossession come.

It seems to me like everything in Britain is a rip off as I am having a similar problem with Severn Trent Water but Severn Trent have been clever about it and contacted the Job center, Severn Trent now take the money directly from my benefits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment